Economy: The basics
Even minor fluctuations in an economy can have a knock-on effect at every level of society, and can affect the job security and future income as well as financial markets,.
People working in the financial and banking industry must understand and be able to analyse the economic and financial environment.
Anyone interested in the financial industry and economics.
By the end of this course students should be able to :
• have basic knowledge of economics by utilising and understanding the adequate terms.
• understand, analyse and interpret economic statistics, financial reports and the financial press.
FUNDAMENTALS OF ECONOMICS
• Defining economics
• The 10 principles of economics
MICROECONOMICS AND MACROECONOMICS
• Difference between microeconomics and macroeconomics
• Economic growth
• National account
• Inflation, stagflation, deflation, hyperinflation
BUSINESS CYCLES AND ECONOMIC CYCLES
• Defining cycles
• Economic Data
• How to read and analyse economic data
• Economic indicators : leading, coincidence, lagging
• Their role and mission
Interactive courses, practical exercises and case studies.
• Books: N. Gregory Mankiw : Principles of Economics; Samuelson & Nordhaus : Economics
• Teacher’s handouts
• Articles from the press and economic studies
Professionals in the field, selected on the basis of their expertise and skills.
Durée et organisation
26 periods of 45 min. Evening session from 18h15 to 21h15 (subject to modifications)
not scheduled yet